Clarke County Animal Hospital offers pet owners in Grove Hill, Jackson, and Thomasville, Alabama laser therapy for your pets. Laser therapy is a non-invasive, pain-free, surgery-free, drug-free treatment that provides pain relief, helps heal certain skin issues, and helps reduce recovery time after surgery.
Laser therapy emits light energy that is absorbed by the body’s tissue and cells. This energy stimulates the body's natural ability to heal. During each treatment, laser energy increases circulation, drawing water, oxygen, and nutrients to the damaged area. This creates optimal healing that reduces inflammation, swelling, muscle spasms, stiffness and pain. As the injured area returns to normal, function is restored and pain is relieved.
There are many applications and conditions that can be positively affected using laser therapy including:
- Treatment of arthritis, degenerative joint disease, hip dysplasia and other age related pain
- General pain management (sprains, strains and stiffness)
- Post-surgery sites heal faster and have less pain (spays, neuters, and other surgeries)
- Skin problems (hot spots, lick granulomas, infections)
- Dental procedures
- Fractures and wounds (bites, cuts, abrasions, and lesions)
- Certain neurological conditions
- Ear infections
Many people worry that their pets won’t tolerate laser therapy, however most pets find it relaxing and enjoy it very much. This treatment takes only a few minutes and it will provide pain relief within 24 hours.
Think your pet could benefit from laser therapy? Contact us today to schedule an appointment for evaluation and to discuss your pet’s options with Clarke County Animal Hospital.